Friday, December 9, 2011

Done Done Done!!!

Wow, the last 48 hours have been completely insane. I woke up yesterday ready to start the day fresh and take on histology. Within a few hours, my plans would be totally shattered by the events happening at Virginia Tech. My heart aches for my fellow Hokies and the Hokie Nation as well as the wonderful officer, husband, and father who lost his life yesterday.

I lost many study hours and my brain decided to be elsewhere any time I did settle in to study. One of my friends graciously offered to help me study and teach me the material again. When we called it quits, I came back to my room to figure out the best way to cram as much material into my brain as possible. Here's what I came up with:
I only managed to get 3 hours of sleep last night. Going to bed at 4, falling asleep at 5, and housekeeping coming at 8 did not lead to enough sleep, but I managed to make it work! More studying until the exam and then it was final judgement time!

When I finished the exam, I was certain I had failed it. The whole time I felt like all I was doing was circling the wrong answers and it was very frustrating. The thought of having to repeat histology was unbearable. We didn't get to grade this exam when it was finished (apparently that's how Dr. Gupta's final exam works). Usually we grade them immediately afterward (I wasn't going to grade this one anyway though).

Next up it was packing time! I started at 3p and had until 7p to get all of my possessions into storage in one of the other dorms. Easier said than done! Packing was so stressful! I had plenty of room when I came down here and haven't accumulated anything! I'm even bringing all of my textbooks home!! That and I had to get a load of laundry done because I didn't want to store dirty sheets and damp towels! I'm pretty sure I was more stressed about making everything fit into my bags and boxes!!!

Somehow it has all managed to fit. Everything is in storage and ready to go home! Thankfully I had some amazing help getting my extremely heavy suitcases out of my building and up to the top floor of the dorm with storage! Being my stubborn, independent self, I did try to do it alone, but it turns out that I am most definitely incapable of lugging such heavy objects up stairs.

Dinner plans commenced since we were all hungry and we ended up at Umbrellas for one last time! Delicious milkshakes, food, and many laughs :). I even got to stick my feet in the water one last time! It felt so nice to be at the beach even after dark. I swear I need to make a better effort at getting to Grand Anse more next semester.

I got an email a little while ago saying histology grades were up-quite nerve wrecking! I debated for a couple of minutes whether I wanted to know or not, but curiosity won out and I checked. I passed! I more than passed actually :). And I also didn't do too badly on the exam either. What a relief! This means that my first semester of veterinary school is officially over! 5 more pre-clinical semesters to go and my clinical year!  

Now I am waiting my departure to the airport. A small group of us with early flights are leaving at 3:30a. I think it's a bit excessive since the airport doesn't open until 5a, but oh well. I wasn't really planning on sleeping anyway. After all, I have no bedding! I can't wait to be home snuggling with my pets, eating delicious food, seeing my family, and catching up on some sleep!

(I apologize if this post was at all incoherent, I'm having a hard time putting words together on so little sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment