Saturday, August 18, 2012

Busy Busy!

Another day closer to school - ack!

Last night we went out to the club Bananas and stayed out pretty late! We had a lot of fun, but I haven't been up that late in forever!

We took my roommate's sister to St. George's today for shopping and some fun. They found themselves some nice purses and purchased the homemade, hand painted black wine sold by one of the vendors at the spice market. The guy sells all sorts of flavors (sorrel, cherry, banana, mango, pineapple, etc.), but the black wine is the best and most popular. Even I like it (except for the alcohol aftertaste) which is really saying something! He also sells spiced rum, which her sister bought as a gift for her boyfriend. It is a bottle jam packed full of all sorts of different spices with rum in it. It is apparently quite potent according to both of them! We ate at Subway for lunch in town today - boy have I missed my yummy Parmesan oregano bread!

We made the mistake of dropping by the hardware store and grocery store on our way back from town. I needed to get an extension cord for my lamp (which they didn't have) and some glue to fix the peeling paint on my walls. Since I couldn't find super glue, I opted for some off brand white school glue, which I spread on the peeling spots with a Q-tip tonight (I'm hoping to kind of help prevent further peeling when I redecorate the room). We picked up some turkey bacon for breakfast tomorrow and stocked up on fresh chicken since they had it. Both of these errands were easy, it was catching a bus back that was insane! We were finished at 1:50p and headed out to wait for a bus. Busing on the weekends is rather unreliable, and I try to avoid it at all costs. Today was no exception. At 2:15p, the first bus passed by. Unfortunately it was already partially full and there were more students waiting for the bus than it could fit. Figuring another would be coming along shortly, we decided to continue waiting patiently (after all, what else could we do if we didn't want to find a taxi?). Mistake! The next bus didn't come by until 2:45p! The part that makes this absurd is that in this 55 minute time span, 7 buses passed by the grocery store going the opposite direction. The way the system works is that they go to the end of the route (Grand Anse campus), take a break for a little bit, and turn around to go back to school. It's a little bit ridiculous that 7 buses passed by during that time and only 2 made it back. Like I said, weekend busing is sketchy at best.

The afternoon was spent being lazy. I was certainly tired from being up so late last night, being out in the heat for so long, and melting in the sun. One of my roommate's guy classmates asked if we wanted to go to LaLuna for dinner. It is this gorgeous little Italian restaurant over in Grand Anse. We had never been before and graciously accepted. The food was INCREDIBLE!! I have never had such amazing Italian food before! I ordered fettuccine ragu, which was a yummy pasta and meat sauce dish. My roommate ordered crab claw fettuccine, her sister ordered a seafood pasta dish, and our friend ordered a lamb dish. We had a lovely time and I look forward to going back there again sometime (it was a little bit on the pricey side though for students).

The last thing we did today was go to a few of our classmates' house party. I managed to snag another friend along tonight so that I could drop by and say hello for an hour or so and then be able to come home at a reasonable hour and go to bed. Here I am up late anyway! Oh well. Sleep is for the dead, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment