Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic Gold

As an American, I am of course super thrilled and very proud of how well our athletes are representing our country during the 2012 Summer Olympics. I am slightly ashamed to admit that aside from the opening ceremony, I have yet to watch any footage!! Two years ago for the winter olympics, my roommate and I were glued to the TV from start to finish. So why not this summer? I think it is in part because I am home with my family rather than in school by myself. I do things with them and it's not as easy to sit down and watch TV in our family room - potential for noise and interruptions. I am also not quite as enthralled with the summer sports like I am with the winter sports. It's ironic too, because I hate cold weather!!

Anyhow, the post is to congratulate Kirani James and Grenada. Kirani won Grenada their first ever olympic medal when he placed 1st in 400m mens race today. I know Grenada is absolutely tickled to have an olympian amongst them and I am super thrilled for him and the country!.

No comments:

Post a Comment