Monday, August 13, 2012

Good-bye

"Good-bye." This has to be my least favorite phrase in the entire world. It is a phrase that has come to seem so final to me. I grew up all around the country, saying "good-bye" to all the people and places I loved every few years never to see most of them again.

I have one more day left at home. The packing is mostly finished, thanks to a friend of mine (poor guy didn't realize what he was getting suckered into a week ago when he suggested meeting up while he was in town!). I have determined the serious need for an engineer to always pack my bags - who wants to volunteer for December?! Hahaha! I HATE packing - I've made this very clear to my close friends and family who probably want to kill me as I whine and complain bitterly any time I have to pack for moving (i.e. to go to/from Grenada, pack up a bedroom/apartment, etc). Run of the mill packing to go on vacation is okay and I'm perfectly capable of being reasonable and rational when it comes to grabbing a few things for a weekend trip, but I get stressed out and whiney when I know that everything has to make it in a certain number of bags, at a certain amount of weight, and that if I forget something I probably can't replace it when I arrive.

Tomorrow is resereved for last minute rushing around. I'm sure there will be plenty of rushing around to do, there always is! It will also probably be full of tears, as I am such an emotional wreck (XX chromosome disease as my mother and I like to say). There have already been tears throughout the summer as I've been just thinking about having to say good-bye! Lots of tears tonight as I snuggled with my piggy. I just absolutely hate the thought of leaving her for another 4 months. She certainly isn't getting younger (something everyone seems to just love to point out to me). I love her so very dearly. And she loves me. She is an absolutely spoiled sweetheart. I feel like I am being so cruel just leaving her behind. She doesn't understand, and it is such a long time to be missing from her life. I know she's well taken care of here at home. But it's just not the same. If I thought there was any good and reasonable way to get her to the island, I would take her in a heart beat. I just know that the stress of traveling would make her sick or worse. She absolutely hates car travel, what would she think of being put on a noisy, pressurized airplane? I guess I'll just have to continue to cherish the times I do have with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment