Friday, August 17, 2012

Confessions

Well, the outlets are working again! They stopped by late yesterday morning to look at the problem for us. Before I went to bed, I played with the breaker boxes on the wall. There are two. The one closer to the door has one main switch and 6 little switches (all labeles) and the other has one main switch and 3 little switches. Each box contained a few switches for "bedroom outlets" so I tried messing with those but no luck. I also flipped the main switch in the larger box, thinking that the boxes were set up so that half the suite was in one box and the other half was in the small one. Since my roommate was already in bed, I just flipped the once closest to me. No luck. Flipped all the lights and AC off, but nothing to do with the outlets.

The next morning, I mentioned to my roommate that I had messed with them (and had intended to flip the main switch in the smaller box since she was up), and she said she had done the same thing with no luck. We had both put in work orders and after waiting a reasonable time in the morning, we put a call into security (who then redirects all requests). They misunderstood our request for maintenance (...that's the ONLY thing we said in the call basically) and instead sent a security guard out. We appologized to her and she put in a request to maintenance for us. Maintenance arrived shortly after that, took one look at both boxes, and flipped the main switch neither of us had touched! Magically enough, the outlets then worked. I felt like an idiot for not having done it for my own curiosity, but oh well. I'm sure they told stories about the dumb American women they turned a breaker on for! At least we now have power!

No comments:

Post a Comment