Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Delicious Dinner and More Laundry Drama

My vet roommate and I went to Dodgy Dock for dinner tonight. One of her classmates was supposed to join us but backed out at the last minute. It's the first time I've been this semester and my roommate's first time ever going. It still remains my favorite restaurant in Grenada!

Tonight was BBQ night. You ordered a meat off the menu (steak, ribs, chicken leg/breast, shrimp, skewers, fish, etc.) and then they had a little buffet salad area and buffet entree area. After ordering, you went up and got some salad, potato salad (although it was more of a spiced mashed potato dish), and a plantain dish. All were delicious! We enjoyed the relaxing dock atmosphere with live music (they had an amazing singer and saxophonist-you know she must be good when I'm complementing her!) over drinks (a tasty chocolate milkshake for me!).

When our meats were ready (chicken for me and ribs for my roommate), we went up and got to pick sides for our dinners. Spiced rice, macaroni pie, corn on the cob, and mixed sauteed vegetables were our options. We opted to try it all of course-might as well! The rice was a bit to spiced for my taste, but the macaroni and cheese "pie" was very tasty and the corn was served in an excellent sauce. The meats were extremely tender and the BBQ sauce was the best I've ever had!

I wish I had brought my camera so that I could share pictures of the food with you, but unfortunately I forgot! It was an excellent meal. A very relaxing and delicious dinner!
---
So remember when I swore off doing laundry on Sundays after last weekend? Well yesterday and today, I tried to do laundry. Unfortunately, our laundry room door remains locked. I gave it last night just to see, but called security to have them open it for us today. When I called, I was informed that they were already working on the request, but were having trouble with the key and they hoped to have it open sometime this afternoon. Well apparently they failed, because the door is still locked. Annoying. Typical Grenada too. I'm also sort of amused. I mean, this laundry room has been around since last August, is it really just now becoming a problem? And even if that's the case, it was clearly an issue last weekend because the door was locked for 2.5 days then as well. Wouldn't you think they would replace the lock if it was an issue? Duh, of course not :-p. Oh Grenada...

No comments:

Post a Comment