Wednesday, February 8, 2012

T-cells and B-cells and Antigens Oh My!

Yes, I have an immunology exam tomorrow. Lucky me! Although I must say (and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself) I don't think the material is terribly difficult. There seems to be a lot of repetition and building on concepts, rather than 82 pages of varied concepts. I guess it will mostly depend on how the exam questions are presented.

We had our first bacteriology lab today. Nothing too exciting on day one, just some Gram stains and streak plating. Practice for future exercises. The lab is very nice. The equipment and benches are new and well taken care of. The fact that the entire room was white gave off the feeling of sterility. It was kind of strange. I managed to only get stain dyes on one small spot on my finger (usually i walk out with purple and pink splotched hands) and it's mostly faded now. We stained cultures of Staphylococcus aureus, Eschrichia coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa for slides full of pretty purple cocci and pink rods.

No comments:

Post a Comment