Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Google, Grenadian Independence Day, and More Laundry

Okay, this has to be pretty quick because it's already past my bedtime and I have soooo much immunology studying to do tomorrow.

So. Google has decided to wage war with my computers. Something to do with it being confused about constantly being in Grenada (wi-fi) and NYC (wired) all the time? Not really sure. Anyhow, what it really means is that it won't load ANY programs on my computer. Gmail, blogger, talk, G+, documents, calendar, voice, nothing! Makes me very grumpy and a little panicky, because I feel almost completely cut off from the rest of the world! Why couldn't it just hate facebook, or something more wasteful of my time?? Thankfully my main computer is still registered with a VPN connection to Virginia Tech, so I am able to connect through them and get all of my Google services.

Today is Grenadian Independence Day! While a very exciting holiday for the Grenadians, my favorite part is that we had no classes today. This meant not having to wake up early, not having to rush to bed last night, having more time to study during the day, and the most important part, going to the beach! Finally got to go with beautiful weather for a little bit! Despite my sunscreen, I am of course a tad burnt. Mostly just my shoulders and upper back, but apparently when I let a 2 year old apply sunscreen to my face, the results were lackluster. Too bad there isn't actually a 2 year old around to blame for the wickedly awful sunscreen job on my face! Sort of looks like I just robbed some around my eyes? Really not sure! But my face is very burnt, except for having some nice raccoon-y eyes and two lovely pale smudges above my eyebrows. Like I said, not a clue how I managed that one! The weather and the landscape were beautiful as always.

Lastly, it appears that the key to our laundry room is only broken on the weekends. It was open last night and tonight with no problems. REALLY don't know what the issue is on the weekends, however, I will absolutely be squeezing in laundry during the week nights now as long as it remains open!

No comments:

Post a Comment