Friday, February 17, 2012

It's a Small World

An encounter with an SGU student today left me realizing that perhaps some people do not understand the meaning of the phrase "it's a small world." This is an appropriate phrase to use when you find out that your friend's best friend knows one of your classmates, who is from the UK (while the friend's friend is from the US). It is not an appropriate phrase when you run into someone who lives down the hall from you at a restaurant that is frequented by students on an island with a population of 100,000. It's not even something bat an eye at. So there you have it folks, use that phrase appropriately please!

Physiology exam was fine, made some stupid mistakes (although at the end of the day as long as I actually know the material, I don't care as much). I also had my first radiology lab today (end of week 5...). Much to my dismay, this semester's focus is on large animal radiographs. This is partly because I'm just not a fan of large animals, and partly because I'd really rather learn this stuff AFTER I've learned the anatomy, not during or even before hand. Seems to me that it would make more sense to have radiology 1 this semester covering dogs and cats and radiology 2 next semester covering large animals, after all, this is how our anatomy sequences go. But what do I know. We'll see what happens with this class...

No comments:

Post a Comment