Sunday, February 12, 2012

Quick Dinner Post

Well, as always, I'm on a deadline to get to sleep, so this is just a quick post about the fabulous dinner my vet school roomie and I made.

It was delicious! We had baked honey-garlic chicken, rosemary and garlic potatoes, and sugar snapped peas. I did the potatoes and peas and made my roommate come up with a meat recipe. She did an excellent job finding something that we could make with ingredients in our kitchen (extremely limited) and things that we could cook with our limited appliances.

The honey-garlic chicken recipe is here. We halved the recipe for the two of us, and instead of grilling she baked it in the toaster oven for 45-50 minutes basting it frequently with extra sauce. The potatoes I made were just regular Idaho potatoes cut into small chunks and boiled for about 20-30 minutes (basically until soft). Then I put them in a bowl and threw in a few tablespoons of lite olive oil, 1-2 teaspoons of rosemary, a pinch of pepper, and 1-2 teaspoons of garlic salt. I didn't really follow a recipe. I did it based on taste. Mixing thoroughly and tasting allowed easy judgement as to whether more spices needed adding. The recipe for the peas came from here and I just used the top recipe. I was very surprised that they only needed to be cooked for 3 minutes, but sure enough, they were done!

No comments:

Post a Comment