Friday, April 6, 2012

Charmed

Happy Easter 4 day weekend!! We get both Friday and Monday off in celebration of the holiday!

Yesterday started with the treat of having class moved back an hour so I didn't have to get up as early. Then after class, we had a lunch lecture with pizza and prizes involved. Could a lecture get any better? I think not! Next on the agenda for the day was physical diagnosis lab (aka lab where we get to play with people's puppies while learning : D). This week's topics were the GI tract and the urogenital tract. Vet roomie and I fought our way to and through the grocery store so we'd have food for the weekend after classes were over. I'm pretty sure everyone else from True Blue/Grand Anse had the same idea because the place was packed!! I haven't seen so many people in the store since last August.

We decided to go out for a bit yesterday evening. The Vet Band (made up of veterinary students) was holding a charity event at Old Skool Pub, so along with a bunch of other vet students, we went to go hang out for a while. We had a lot of fun and the place was unique and neat looking. Along with a little stage and pool room, it had a big open room and some fun pictures on the wall. In addition to the pictures, it seems to have become customary for anyone who goes to write their name or some sort of funny slogan on the wall so from floor to ceiling the walls are covered! Fun to read and fun to add to. As we were wandering down the road at the end looking for a taxi, a couple of very nice veterinary students offered us a ride back to campus. Very sweet of them! I admit that wandering down the road was probably not the smartest thing we could have done, but I in earnest believed we'd find a taxi very quickly.

Today has been a pretty lazy day. After staying up late and sleeping in, a lot of lounging around happened. I also reorganized our fridge, bathroom, closet, pantry, and bedroom and did 3 loads of laundry. Can't say it's been an unproductive day! I also did a bunch of pharmacology note cards (blah) and started working on my study questions while catching up on TV shows and watching Date Night. Tomorrow I'm going on another hash!

Oh I forgot to mention that our dog tags came in yesterday! I bought one for my stethoscope. It's a cute little green paw print (that matches my green stethoscope) with my name,phone number, and a fun little lizard doodle on it. The orders are done every term as a fundraiser and you pick out your tag, font, symbol, and what you want it to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment