Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Ocean Called...

 ...The fish would like to apologize for being slow to get cell towers installed underwater. Better luck next time!

It has been a very productive day! I made a long list of things I would like to accomplish this weekend yesterday, and I got several things done today. I also went for a lovely swim and my vet roomie and I made a delicious dinner!

The tide was extra high today allowing me to swim in places I haven't before which was kind of exciting. The places themselves weren't terribly exciting, but now I finally know what is there! Lots of fish as usual, and today I got to see two box fish! That's a first-they're very pretty! I also found some pretty sea shells (my roomie found some really neat ones!).

I really love going to school here for all of the unique and fun things we get to do. The education is likely the same across all schools (with obvious variations and such) so if you're looking for a good education, it doesn't really matter where you go. I love that when I'm not studying, I get to do things like go hiking in the rain forest and go swimming over coral reefs. Break time is rare in vet school, but I am so glad that I chose to make that time very memorable. I know that I will look back on this time fondly and I know that it is helping to shape and mold me into a unique individual.
 Oh yeah, and to explain the title and start to this post, we found a cell phone in the water today while swimming. I think the funniest part about it all was unless this person had an international calling plan (very expensive!!!), this isn't a phone that would work in Grenada. And even then, I'm still a little bit fuzzy on whether or not any old phone works internationally, or if even from there you still have to have a fancier model to get service from Verizon. Silly people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment