Monday, April 2, 2012

A Grenadian Water Problems Finally Works In My Favor!

Yes, you read that correctly, a water issue that was a good thing! Mostly because it got me out of class but didn't affect my dorm : D. There was some sort of water issue about mid-morning with the veterinary buildings. Not too big a deal for morning lectures, but when we showed up to anatomy lab later and there still was no water, well... Thankfully our professors were reasonable. Smelly, rotting carcasses + no water means no lab for us! I liked getting this extra time back in my day, especially because we had a physio exam this morning and class until 5!

We also got out of pharmacology early this morning giving us an extra 30 minutes of lunch time. Yay for lots of extra time today! I have even been very good an used the time productively! There is no way I would have gotten even most of my list of things to do for tonight done if I hadn't utilized my extra time earlier.

Another little fun story for you. On our anatomy exam on Friday, apparently if you looked really, really closely, all of the correct multiple choice answers had a faint grey bar over them. They photocopied an answer key by mistake. But this was very, very difficult to see. Even I didn't notice it (and it's pretty rare that I miss something small and trivial like that), but a few of my classmates did. And so we were left with a dilemma. Let it go and leave things alone? Throw it out completely? Modify it some how? Make us retake it? Sadly, it was an easy A test so I would have done well regardless (why couldn't this have happened to the evil hard test we had earlier this semester??). They ultimately decided to throw all of the multiple choice questions out. The exam was composed of 30 scantron questions (mostly MC but a T/F and a few matching) and then 10 points of fill in the blank/label the diagram/short answer. Of the 30 questions, they tossed out 24 of them. Wow! A fair and reasonable compromise, but I really wouldn't have cared much unless we had just tossed it (grade booster!!). Even retaking it would have been fine, like I said it was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment