Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Rainbow of Colors

I am right in the middle of studying hard for pharmacology (antimicrobials, help!!!), clinical pathology, and parasitology, but I thought I'd share with you the extremely necessary tools that help me survive learning on a daily basis!

10 different color sharpie pens:
That last picture is basically what my desk looks like every day (except there are highlighters too). In case you're like my mother (who thinks this is an absurd obsession), yes I do actually use all the colors all the time! I see, read, and remember in color. Whether it's writing in different colors, drawing in different colors, underlining, scribbling over, etc. it is guaranteed to look like a factory exploded on my papers! And for the ultra curious, the colors are black, red, blue, green, orange, purple, watermelon, clover, tangerine, and aqua. The last 4 are a new addition this semester as I actually found them in a store!! For anyone who has ever looked at these things in a store, you know they aren't cheap! Ah the problems associated with being a veterinary student ;). Also, I always write in blue (not black). It started out as an accident. The first pack I ever bought was a pair of blue pens, although at the time I thought I had grabbed black pens. Since school was starting in the morning, I decided to be flexible and run with the idea of writing in blue, and I have never looked back! It's all about contrast on pages littered with black text and grey-scale pictures!

The other thing I can't live without? Sharpie highlighters. Thin, non-liquid only:
Huge stock of these too! My requirement that they not be the liquid kind has unfortunately limited my color choices a little bit. BUT! I just discovered that they make these in a clicky (and wide) version that comes in 8 colors!!! Guess what I'll be stocking up on over winter break?!?! If only these sorts of things were abundant in a third world country ;). I go through yellows most frequently (default color for class notes) followed by green. Blue and purple are much less frequently used for whatever reason (probably because I know they're scarce as you have to purchase that whole pack to get the single purple!).

No comments:

Post a Comment