Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms in Grenada are extremely rare. As much as it rains here, it is an extreme rarity to hear thunder or see lightening. In the time I've been here (until today) I've seen/heard 2 thunderstorms and both of them were last fall.

Today Grenada seemed to want to put on a show. Supposedly it started early this morning (while I was sleeping and dead to the world) and has continued on and off all day. If it continues to rain this hard as it has all day, we're going to need canoes to get to class in the morning! The thunder and lightning have been a relentless cacophony of sounds in the background today. Here's the kicker - there's not even a hurricane or tropical storm in the making near by! Simply just a rain storm!

Even though I was planning on going snorkeling today, I suppose this is a nice change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment