Thursday, September 20, 2012

"Temporarily Out Of Service"

Tomorrow morning we have another parasitology quiz. Although I finished this a couple of days ago, I forgot to print it off until tonight. How does one print things on a tropical island? Surely I didn't drag a printer and accompanying ink down here, right? For sure. I was not wasting money dragging all that extra weight down here, and the university allots us a certain printing quota for each semester. There are two main places to print on campus, Taylor Hall on lower campus and the library up here on the hill. Usually I go to the library, unless I think to run to Taylor before/after class.

So tonight I decide to run over to the library to print my little study guide. The library has 2 printers on the main floor. As I walk by, I notice that one of the printers has a "Temporarily Out Of Service" paper taped to it. Great, but no problem there are 2, right? So foolishly I try to print on the other printer, just to find out a similar sign is taped to it. Excellent.

Now I'm hoping that Taylor printing is still open, because I know it closes earlier than the library. I am really hoping its 12am and not 11pm! Luckily for me, it was indeed 12am, so I was able to print there. While I was there though, I did happen to notice that one of the printer (of 5) also had that lovely sign taped to it. What are the odds?? After all, I was printing things through the end of last week for exams. TIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment