Sunday, September 16, 2012

Another Hash

These pictures were supposed to go up last night, but life had other plans for me! Oh well!

Anyhow, I went on another Hash yesterday, this one rather close by in St. George's. I didn't think I was going to get to go, so I was quite delighted to find the afternoon free! Of course no one wanted to go with me, but I ended up running into people I knew there so it was all well.

It was another beautiful Caribbean day - the weather has been just lovely lately! The Hash bus from campus was full on the drive over, but we could still see the sparkling crystal water as we drove from campus to just past where the market in town is. The ocean is stunning as the sun glitters reflectively on the surface!

We were told that this would be an ECO Hash and that part of it would be along the beach. Not quite so, as we only barely started the hike along the shore, but it was a great time any how! We climbed practically vertical for the first bit or so, it was exhausting! I thought I was going to collapse before we finally hit the top of the trail and started inward, it seemed like forever when we were climbing up, up, up! The trail was definitely tricky in places. Apparently we lucked out and they managed to change it a bit so that we no longer ran into a beehive with unhappy bees at least! Bummer for those Hashers at the beginning of the track! There was plenty of sliding and climbing around on the trail, I even came home with a couple of scrapes and cuts! I'm an extremely cautious person and despite being rather clumsy, usually manage to avoid this, but not yesterday! Despite a long hot shower at the end of it all too, I still have dirt embedded in my knees haha. There was no mud on this trail (yay!!!), only dirt. It was quite nice not to be covered in sticky, slimy mud for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment