Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goals

Sometimes I feel so distracted. I know I should be studying, but I just can't seem to focus. Sometimes I'm idly distracted by nothing and sometimes I'm distracted by what the people in my life are doing. I do not want to be distracted. I keep telling myself to get a grip. I am here in school and each class I take, each grade I earn, is propelling me towards my future goal. And every time I get distracted and don't put 100% effort into my classes and my grades, I am only hurting myself.

I can only control my thoughts and actions. My friends and family can say hurtful things (even unknowingly) or make decisions I wish they wouldn't make, but ultimately my life belongs to me. Sometimes things are not within my control. As much as I would love to live my fantasy life (and yes, I am still a veterinarian in that life too!), the involvement of other people will come and go beyond my control. As I've said before, sometimes you're on the island and sometimes you are the island. At the end of the day it is best to do what you can with what you have. Sometimes three years seems like a short time, sometimes it feels more like forever. Either way, I have a lot more to accomplish between now and then!

I've had a lot on my mind lately. We have 5 tests coming up starting at the end of this week and ending at the end of the next. I am certainly trying to clear my head for the time being because those As aren't going to just magically appear on my papers! I need to actually do the work! So virology, pathology, pharmacology, parasitology, and clinical pathology, I am coming for you!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see some honesty in the blog world...keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete