Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Honey Nut Tastee-Oos

That's the name of the cereal I buy here. It's the store brand and it's supposed to be comparable to Honey Nut Cheerios, but I beg to differ. That does not, however, mean that it isn't yummy. At least usually. I've been eating it for a year now. It's the reasonably "cheap" alternative for eating cereal here. It was still always like $11-12EC. It has under gone a bit of a price increase this term though, so I will be switching to the Rice Crispies equivalent next time around.

Anyhow, at the beginning of the semester, I bought 2 boxes to get me through the first few weeks. The first box was rather stale, and just managed to get worse with Caribbean humidity once it was open. Thank goodness for adding milk! Well, I finished that box up some time last week and just haven't gotten around to eating cereal since then. This morning, since I had to be up early for lab, I grabbed the new box. As I went to open it, I noticed that much to my amusement, the "best by" date on the box was Sept. 11, 2012. No wonder they're stale! This cereal has to be ancient with a date like that! Only in Grenada!

No comments:

Post a Comment