Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fishies and Phones

Well the second half of the week was certainly busier than the first half! Some club meetings and lectures in the evening that ran late. Sadly this will probably be a trend for the next few weeks as midterm exams begin. Pharmacology Wednesday, parasitology Friday, then pathology/virology/clinical pathology the following week. Yuck. I made it out for one last swim before the craziness begins this afternoon though, so enjoy the lovely pictures! (p.s. a couple of these pictures looks like there's nothing there, but bonus points if you find what's actually in them!)

Oh! I almost forgot! I lost my Grenadian phone yesterday. Bah. I was on my way out the door to the bank and grocery store yesterday when I randomly decided to pocket it. My phone basically serves as a glorified alarm clock. I never use it for anything else basically. Well okay, I do love to play the little "jewel quest" game that came with it, but other than that I barely text or call people with it. Too much effort to text and call quality isn't very good, and there are computers! Anyhow, I pocketed it, got on the bus, and went to the bank. While I was at the ATM, someone asked if I had a phone on me. Remembering that I had indeed snatched it off my desk for whatever reason that afternoon, I said yes and promptly began hunting for it. It was no longer in my pocket, so I figured I must have dropped it into a backpack pouch. The person ended up just needing a calculation (and I had a calculator more handy) so that was that and I thought nothing more about it until I got home.

At this point I decided I needed to track it down and dumped the contents of my backpack onto my bed. Uh oh. No phone anywhere. So what happened to it?? I began to figure it probably slid out of my pocket on the bus while we were flying over bumps and pot holes, as the suspension in this bus was pretty poor. Drat. I borrowed my roommate's phone to see if someone has dropped it off at the security booth, but no luck. It has my last name and dorm number/room number on it in sharpie (after I lost it once before!) so I figured it was just going to have to turn up. We also tired calling the phone in the off chance that someone picked it up, but again no luck. It was too bad I was just then realizing this too because I took the exact same bus home from the store! I decided to take a peek at the evening bus schedule in the off chance that I could catch and quickly search the same bus. No luck with the 7:00p bus. I figured it was a lost cause and was just going to head back home, but then I remembered I needed to print things for class. And then I got caught up talking to a couple of students near the bus stop  for 35 minutes, and then next thing I knew I could check the 7:40p bus! This happened to be the bus I took earlier! The phone was indeed on the bus and wedged deep between the seat and the wall of the bus. If I hadn't been looking for it then (with a flashlight even), there's no way anyone would have found it without hearing it ring next to them and wondering what it was. It was probably a good thing I decided to be a bit patient and persistent, because I'm pretty sure I would never have gotten it back otherwise! And then how would I know when to wake up in the morning?!?!

2 comments:

  1. What camera/camera case are you using underwater?

    ReplyDelete