Sunday, November 20, 2011

Asparagus

I love asparagus. It is one of my favorite vegetables. Unfortunately, at the grocery store here it typically costs $18-$25 EC, which is just absurdly expensive. I'm not paying $8-10+ for a vegetable! Not as a poor student! It also doesn't typically look very healthy-it looks picked over and beat up (probably from the long travel).

This week when I went to the store, they had asparagus on sale for $13 EC! While still $5 for a bunch, it looked decent and I decided what the heck. So I picked out a bunch and excitedly brought it home (sounds like I got a new puppy haha).

Tonight I cooked some of it and it was delicious! It made an excellent addition to my usual steak and potato Sunday dinner (family tradition). I look forward to eating the rest of it throughout the week! Maybe I'll even get lucky and it will be on sale again this week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment