Monday, November 14, 2011

Physiology Exam Tomorrow!

And I still don't have hot water. *sigh* I could be more pesky and persistent to the university about this, but I'm afraid of making the people who are in charge of fixing things mad. Yes, I do realize it's their job, but Grenada has a whole different way of doing and viewing things. For instance, it is perfectly acceptable for a store clerk to be rude to a customer who is rude to them. And while this may seem like common sense, think about it-in the US, this would be HIGHLY frowned upon and might even get the clerk fired. Not so here-treat them with respect and you shall receive the same. I'm just being extra careful not to step on any toes accidentally while I'm still learning about life here. I look forward to the day when I feel like I can handle it all haha.

Anyhow, today was full of extra lectures. Pfizer did a dermatology lecture at lunch and the AVMA PLIT (liability insurance for students and veterinarians) presented at our SCAVMA meeting (SGU is officially a SCAVMA member and no longer just an affiliate!). I think most of us left the PLIT lecture ever more fearful of making any mistakes and everything that can go wrong in practice! Yikes!!! Too bad that's a major part of learning and being human!

We also finally started our unit on small animal nutrition. I am looking forward to learning about diets for the dog and cat! Our visiting professor seems really awesome and I think we are going to get a lot of valuable information in the next 9 lectures!

Lastly, we have our renal physiology exam tomorrow. I'm really nervous! I felt fairly unmotivated tonight and didn't get nearly as much studying done as I had hoped. Hopefully the couple hours I have tomorrow will be sufficient-I'm really hoping for an A! My favorite part of this stuff is the section on acid-base chemistry (metabolic/respiratory acidosis/alkalosis). I find that stuff really interesting and fun to figure out!

No comments:

Post a Comment