Sunday, November 13, 2011

More on the Cold Water Conundrum

No hot water when I woke up today. I turn the faucet on and instead of a stream of water, I get a little elf who hops out and begins pointing and laughing at me. Thanks little elf.

I worked a noon shift at the clinic today with two of my classmates. One lives in the same building as me and the other lives in the brand new building across campus. The girl across campus said she definitely had hot water, the one in my building wasn't sure (although we were assuming it was a building wide shortage at this point). The clinic had hot water when we were there too.

I ran into one of my neighbors on my way home who said she had taken a cold shower this morning (thus confirming my theory that I was not the only one without hot water). I went home and took another cold shower (didn't really want to continue smelling like the animal hospital) and was very disappointed that the hot water had not returned in my absence. A little while later I found out that someone else in my building did have hot water (but I still did not) which puzzled me.

In order to further procrastinate writing an article review for animal nutrition, I decided to start poking around and finding out who did and did not have hot water on my hall. Turns out it's just one neighbor who is lacking hot water (or any water from that faucet like me). The people above us have hot water, it's just us who are special. Fantastic! On call maintenance will hopefully come tonight and find out what the problem is because I REALLY don't want to take another cold shower this week. One thing I'm grateful for is that because it's so warm out, we never have ice cold water so I've just had chilly showers.

The most amusing part about this whole thing is that I just assumed it had to do with the water main break. After all, the note said possible water outages! Why should I suspect any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment