Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Italian Food

Okay, I swear I won't mention anatomy for awhile : D. Glad that's done and over with!

To celebrate the completion of our nutrition exam and anatomy exams, a classmate and I decided to go out for dinner. We ended up eating at this delicious little italian restaurant (I won't even try to spell the name let alone pronounce it!). This is the first time in 3 months that I've had anything italian, unless you count my pathetic spaghetti (which is delicious, but no where near as good as restaurant food). Everything on the menu sounded delicious, and I ended up going with lasagna (which was indeed delicious). On top of having delicious food, the service was really quick! We were in and out in about an hour! This is an amazing feat in Grenada, where I normally don't plan on eating within two hours of arriving at a restaurant. Everything here is just really slow, laid back, and relaxed. Once you adopt this mindset (just set the bar really, really low), you're good to go and will adjust quite well. Ways to adjust to life in Grenada include believing that if you go out to eat, it will take 3 hours (you're then pleasantly surprised if it doesn't), assuming that what's on the menu might not be available (just pick 3 dishes you'd like to eat and go down the list), and avoid making time limits/wearing a watch. If you don't pay attention to the time and eat a snack before you leave you should be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment