Friday, November 11, 2011

Pizza

I am currently making myself a little pizza for lunch. An AMERICAN pizza. I specify the type of pizza because Grenadian pizza, while tasty, has a very different type of sauce. It has a strange sweet taste. I miss my more salty/acidic pizza from the US!

I was meandering in the refrigerator aisle a couple of weeks ago when shredded mozzarella cheese caught my attention. Looked like a potentially tasty snack. And then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed pizza crusts! So that got me thinking, maybe they have pizza sauce in the spaghetti aisle! I raced over and sure enough, they had some Ragu pizza sauce!

My shredded cheese only lasted for 2 of the 3 pizza crusts so last week when I went to the store, I planned on getting more. This being Grenada, they of course had no shredded cheese left (of any kind). They did have blocks of Kraft mozzarella cheese so I decided to try that because it was better than nothing.

That brings us to today, when I decided to make pizza for lunch. I definitely wasn't sure how it was going to turn out and was pretty skeptical that it was going work, but it did and it was DELICIOUS! Even better than the shredded cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment