Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another AVMA Celebration

This morning after lab, the SVM students returned home to find an invitation to attend an accreditation celebration. All the the invite was a little bit last minute, a few of my classmates and I went out of curiosity (and the promise of free food!).

The Chancellor of SGU was not in Grenada at the time of the AVMA accreditation announcement because the feedback from the AVMA was quick and unexpected, so this was his way of congratulating all of the students, faculty, and staff on the our new status. There was lots of food and socialization and a couple of brief speeches by the Chancellor and Dean Sis (the Dean of the SVM).

As my classmates and I struggle to get through these last 6 weeks packed full of exams, it served as a good reminder as to what we are ultimately working for and what we have spent many years trying to achieve. Although it is nearly the end of October, some days it feels like the next month and a half are going to take forever. I think most of us are just ready for a break from the stress of exams and being stuck together all day every day. Tonigh also renewed my sense of school spirit, although I'm not sure SGU will ever beat out VT in my heart haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment