Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm On The Wrong Island!

I am now fairly convinced that even though I booked a plane to Grenada last summer, I actually ended up on an island somewhere near the poles. Why? Because I find myself freezing cold ALL THE TIME! Forget tropical weather, there are snow and icicles plaguing students all over campus.

I was prepared for cool classrooms, but I should have brought my winter apparel! Gloves, heavy sweatpants, and a scarf would feel pretty awesome right now. Some people have resorted to bringing blankets to class. I'm currently using a combination of hot chocolate, a blanket, and fuzzy socks to survive 4 hours of lecture. This is on top of my pants, fleece or sweatshirt, and tennis shoes that I usually wear. If it was just a cold lecture hall, I could probably handle it, but my room is just as cold too! Makes me want to curl up and hibernate, not study!

Next semester I will fill a suitcase with winter clothes-to go live in the Caribbean haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment