Monday, October 24, 2011

Delinquency

Well today continued to be a rainy day in Grenada. When my alarm went off this morning, I heard rain beating against my window. I grumpily rolled back over at the thought of not only having to walk to class in the pouring rain, but also having to first walk to the Small Animal Clinic to return the on call phone before class. This would have meant arriving to lab quite soggy. Thankfully by the time I did decide to get up, the rain had changed back to sprinkling, and when I left to return the phone and go to class, it had stopped completely.

Unfortunately the rain didn't end there. Lots of raining during anatomy lab. Have I mentioned lately how completely fed up and done I am with anatomy lab? Even the prospect of only having to sit through 15 more lab classes doesn't cheer me up anymore. I am simply tired of dealing with the same stuff day in and day out. I wish we changed groups when we changed animals throughout the semester to give a chance to work with other people in our class. I feel like this would facilitate us learning to work with a variety of types of people and give us the opportunity to stray away from people we don't work well with.

After a terrible anatomy lab, I went home to take my ritual nap. Despite the humidity being at 370% with all of the rain, it still felt amazing to crawl into bed and snuggle down under blankets. It sort of feels like fall in my room with the AC constantly blasting. Chilly fingers, nose, toes...all characteristics of a cool fall day just without the football and color changes.

When I woke up to go to histology, I was so warm and comfy that I weighed the pros and cons of skipping class in favor of sleeping a little longer. Cons: skipping class, 1/100th of a chance of missing an important phrase; Pros: warmth, snuggly blankets, more sleep, using time more productively, did I mention warmth?? Guess which activity won haha.

At my next scheduled wake up time, I was again very warm and cozy. Skipping more classes in favor of studying in bed sounded like a genius idea. Again, a pros and cons list was made and this time I added actually learning material instead of staring off into space periodically to my pros list. So I stayed home and studied anatomy and physiology in my bed. Turns out I covered more physiology material then they did in class so I guess I won that round!

I did have to go to animal welfare and behavior because attendance is mandatory, but it's a pretty laid back and interesting 1 credit class so I didn't really mind. It had also finally stopped raining, so I no longer faced the soggy journey from my room to the VSL where classes are held (this is a huge joke, it's a short 2 minute walk : D).

So I was naughty and skipped 3 classes today, but I did study all the material that was covered in class on my own. I also achieved mental peace and zen after an obnoxious morning, and avoided getting wet! (because we all know that people can melt in the rain under the right conditions).

Tomorrow is Grenadian Thanksgiving so I don't have any classes! I am extremely excited about this day off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment