Thursday, October 13, 2011

Clouds in the Caribbean

This post is for anyone who is jealous of my beautiful and continuously warm Caribbean weather. It does occasionally rain here : D

Today the whole day was overcast and rainy on and off (although I swore I was going to get soaked going to or from my first class this morning which didn't happen). Typically there are two types of rain here. Light sprinkles and flat out flood worthy pouring. The kind of rain where no amount of rain gear will prevent you from getting soaked, and we actually do get quite a bit of flash flooding here with storms like that.

I wish I had my camera with me when I was headed to my first class this morning because the grey sky over a rough ocean was actually quite pretty. Reminds me of visiting my grandmother in Delaware on the days we walk up town and view the ocean.

We get quite a few sun showers here too. It will be completely sunny and blue out and pouring at the same time. I have yet to see a rainbow, but I've been told they are quite common. I must be looking in the wrong direction! 2 months on the island, numerous sun showers, and not a rainbow sighting yet! Imagine that!

Lastly, on a completely unrelated note, I made cauliflower for dinner tonight. The significance to this is that parts of it had little mold spots on the surface, and rather than tossing the whole vegetable in disgust (like I would normally do), I cut the spots off and ate it anyway!!! Pretty unbelievable huh? This really only an incredible statement if you know me well, the rest of you will have to take my word for it-this is shocking! I'm the kind of person that over cooks things to be certain the microbes are gone. Who tosses sandwich meat after 4 days. Who won't touch left overs after about 4 days. Who won't drink milk even one day after the expiration. Who won't eat things left out for more than two hours. For me to simply cut mold off of something and then eat it? Unheard of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment