Monday, October 31, 2011

Stamps in Grenada

Okay so when this is published, this story will actually be a few weeks old, but I don't want to ruin the surprise. I mailed a few postcards to my friends today. All I knew about this process was that I could by stamps at our campus bookstore.

So I wrote my notes and went over to by stamps. Seems simple enough and no different from something I would do in the US. I tell the lady how many stamps I want and she counts them out for me. They look like ordinary stamps just a tad larger (like the collectable ones in the US) and then she hands me a glue stick!! Apparently there is no adhesive on the stamps! I was highly amused. So I glued each stamp to the cards. I wasn't expecting the more sophisticated adhesive stamps where you just peel the backing off, but I was expecting to have to lick my stamps to apply them! Oh Grenada :) Highlight of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment