Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grenadian Rain

There are two types of rain in Grenada: lightly sprinkling so you barely notice and flat out down pour where no amount of rain gear will save you from being soaked. We don't really seem to have a drizzly state here. You're either completely soaked or you aren't. It will also just spontaneously begin one of these two states. It can be beautiful and sunny out and you can still find yourself getting wet. I have yet to see a rainbow here, but I've heard they can be seen all over (makes me feel like perhaps I'm just not special enough!).

So the reason that I mentioned the rain today is because I did indeed encounter both of these types of rain today. The first was when I was on my way to the beach today. It stopped shortly after my friends and I arrived and continued to be a beautiful Grenadian beach today. Unfortunately the fish were scarce so I had no fun sightings (I saw three the entire time I was in the water). I attribute this to the unusually rough seas. The waves were a lot of fun to float on though and swim within so I entertained myself that way. Just so you know, a wave at Grand Anse beach is the most teeny tiny wave you can think of. This just happens to be different from the usual light gentle lapping of the water. At the end of our beach stay, it began to downpour so we got soaked (or rather, the sunbathers got soaked, the other girl and I simply washed a little salt off haha).
 These are the left and right views of the beach from our swimming spot just before it began raining.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, below is the adorable kitten I got to play with during my SVECCS shift tonight at the Small Animal Clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment