Monday, October 17, 2011

A Peaceful Grenadian Day

There is something about stormy, gray weather here that I find soothing. I enjoy being inside knowing it is raining out and I enjoy walking outside when the atmosphere feels like it is about to rain at any moment. The ocean also looks neat with bigger swells and white caps.

When you are on the part of campus at the top of the hill, you can see for miles in land. There are mountains and valleys, and houses as little colorful dots everywhere. You can see what the weather is like around the island too. It is not uncommon to be on one part of the island watching it rain on another. This is particularly fun to watch when you are at the beach. You can be swimming under the sun in the crystal clear water watching it storm far away in the mountains. If it is a storm, you can potentially watch it approach you as each section of the island is overtaken by the stormy gray clouds and rain.

You can very distinctly tell the difference between where it is raining and where it is just cloudy. It is really neat. I swear one of these days I will actually have my camera with me so that I can show you what I am talking about and the increased roughness at the little cove on campus!

The only thing I don't like about the stormy weather is that it usually brings headaches for me, at least for the first 24 hours. If it remains rainy, I seem to adjust to the atmospheric conditions and move on. Makes being in the middle of monsoon season extra fun haha.
(A sunny view from atop the hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment