Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Veterinary Student Saturday

My Saturday consisted of two things: a volunteer shift at the Small Animal Clinic (which now has a new name but I can't remember who it was dedicated to this week) and lots of studying for my histology exam on Monday. Isn't my life exciting? Haha! This is what veterinary students do folks, we spend all day every day in class or studying (particularly when exams fall 1-2 days after the weekend). The remainder of my semester is packed with boring weekends because every week from here on out I have an exam on Monday or Tuesday and sometimes a second or third later in the week.

My shift was very quiet again today. I'm beginning to think that I'm just cursed (or blessed in the clinicians' eyes). I've seen on emergency come in during my shift since I started back in August. I guess I'm not complaining too much though because I haven't had any overnight calls (PLEASE don't let that change tomorrow night!!!!!) and I have had a lot of time to study, relax, and get to know other SGU students.

Our histology exam on Monday covers the entire digestive tract, the urinary system, and the male and female reproductive systems for both mammals and birds. Curse birds for having to be unique :-p. I won't bore you with any further details other than I really don't care what type of cells and glands can be found in each part of all of these haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment