Monday, October 10, 2011

Cinnamon Streusel Bread

I finally got around to finishing cleaning my toaster oven tonight! I am very excited. It looks approximately 100x better than it did when I bought it and now I feel better eating out of it haha.

My first cooking adventure is a bread mix I bought a few weeks ago to motivate me to finish the cleaning. I learned a lot while baking it tonight and hopefully I can apply this knowledge to get even better results in the future! The bread gets a solid B+ in taste but a definite F for appearance. The streusel topping burned quite readily so I had to repeatedly peel sections off while baking it. I also opted to make my own pan out of foil. Not the greatest idea, but it did actually work. It might have even retained it's shape if I hadn't been messing with it so much.

All in all, a decent attempt. I actually got an edible product for my end result so I'm pretty satisfied. Next up: cupcakes! Wish me luck, I'm going to need it badly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment